Evolution-Mir 2.6
Evolution-Mir 2.6
Evolution-Mir 2.6
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of Evolution Mir

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Servers down.....

Go down 
+14
Revolution
Kinnersley
Glastow
jaffar91
MinorMiner
IceBlade
Ring/Apple
DarkRose
smudg
GMThor
sexmachine
sabar
EpicFail
Vork
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Vork

Servers down.....  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 2:05 am

First topic message reminder :

As title says......
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Revolution

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 3:17 pm

sabar wrote:
thats just it tho bud. menace is no where to be seen and hes the only one with the latest db only option then is to rebuild the db as it was but only once a stable a stable host has been found.

Well lets just wait a little longer, be patient i know its annoying the way menace has seemingly abandoned the server but lets wait another week surely he will contact someone......
Back to top Go down
Kinnersley

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 3:49 pm

Right it has been said a few times over this thread and here must be the general stance.
*playing devils advocate*

I started just before the level 22 start went down to 1. Got a little irritated by having to level all my tao skills before being able to hunt so started a sin as had never been one before. (besides the point.)
Came back during xmas event and got a little hooked on the event as i did on the 1.4 euro mir Easter event over ten years ago. Leveled to about 43ish I think cant remember, which is a big concern. Met a few cool people but how many do you keep in contact with over P. Servers?...
Have since it has been down been playing P69 have a level 60 wiz and 65 tao and establishing a decent base of players to play with. Why would someone and i assume everyone or almost everyone is playing another server ATM come back to re do what they have done and lose what else they will have achieved on another server?

Oh and i am a casual 2-3 days a week user imagine playing full time?....

On the plus side there are still a lot of people posting on this thread and checking forums which is a good sign look at Shoguns Nemesis server?
Back to top Go down
sexmachine

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 7:31 pm

Tbh it don't think Thor will get server back and if he dose then he has to find a host ect how long server been down all ready tbh server seems dead to me don't it will go back up

So this be my final post if server goes up I hope people enjoy it if not have fun with what els people are doing
Back to top Go down
jonathan0924

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 7:41 pm

everyone seems losing patient lol ..
Back to top Go down
EpicFail

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 12:29 am

THE END IS NIGH
Back to top Go down
jaffar91

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 1:32 am

WE ARE ALL GONNAAA DIEEEEE!!!
Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 3:58 am

IM MELTINGGGG... MELTINGGGG Sad
Back to top Go down
jaffar91

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 8:55 am

surrounded by quitters! curse you all!!!
Back to top Go down
GMThor

GMThor

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 4:43 am

Aqq dont all quit on us yet im trying my best to find a Temp host but im having no bloody luck!! Had another chat with menace today he said his pc ios still fuked so i cant see him fixing it anytime soon hes trying to get a external HD to back it up etc....

So ill ask again does ANYONE KNOW ANYONE willing to host. They will need to be trusted 100% and be part of the Admin team as they will have access to everyone user/passwords. Which in the long run normally means if u choose to be an admin then its very tough to play as a normal char due to temptation of making stuff etc... This is why its so bloody hard to find anyone grr!!

im gonn alook into changing my isp but that can take weeks. Everything is against us it seems Sad
Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 5:17 am

what if ppl chipped in to rent a dedicated server
Back to top Go down
jonathan0924

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 2:54 pm

good idea sabar
Back to top Go down
KaPow

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 4:02 pm

i'd chip in till you found somethin permanent
Back to top Go down
GMThor

GMThor

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 6:32 pm

thats another option. But ive no idea on costs or where i could find a host that allows the use of .exe's on there. any ideas where to look? if its cheap enough id rather that anyway least we know it wont go down much.
Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm

cheapest ive seen upto now are around 50 pound a month. totally more expensive than the last one i paid for. how much ram and cpu does mir actually need to sustaint a nice user count?
Back to top Go down
jaffar91

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 10:03 pm

yeh sabar that is pretty much the cheapest going, but nowadays there looking at a minimum commitment, similar to a phone contract for example so u cant just do 1 month and leave it =/
Back to top Go down
GMThor

GMThor

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 5:22 am

which hosts r u guys looking at? im really getting no where now asking people to host like a losing battle no matter how hard i try Sad
Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 5:47 am

i been all over and for a decent spec server your looking at around 50 - 70 quid and thats just to get windows installed on it. i have emailed 2 potential ppl regarding hosting so see what that comes up with.
Back to top Go down
GMThor

GMThor

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 6:06 am

ye and with Ruby u also need a few more things to come with the server like....SQL Express which also is an added cost cos its microsoft shite!

Im looking at heros files will install to see what it needs by the looks its very simple to install account creation im not sure on yet.

Ring said we can maybe work on the server together using Heros as he wouldnt want to use ruby files. Straight conversion with whatever hes been working on aswell Razz

Cool m8 keep me posted Smile
Back to top Go down
Revolution

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 6:14 am

I wont be playing if its heroes files.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Servers down.....
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Evolution-Mir 2.6 :: Evolution Mir :: General Discussion-
Jump to: