Evolution-Mir 2.6
Evolution-Mir 2.6
Evolution-Mir 2.6
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of Evolution Mir

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Servers down.....

Go down 
+14
Revolution
Kinnersley
Glastow
jaffar91
MinorMiner
IceBlade
Ring/Apple
DarkRose
smudg
GMThor
sexmachine
sabar
EpicFail
Vork
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Vork

Servers down.....  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 2:05 am

First topic message reminder :

As title says......
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
jaffar91

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 12:36 pm

servers change, petty arguements stay the same lol and lo smudg ^^
Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 1:04 pm

servers down cos menace is having issues with computer and cannot gain access to server to fix it. thats the official word. so soon as menace has time to spare he will sort it out.
Back to top Go down
Revolution

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 1:40 am

sooo whats going on is it still down? or do i need to do soemthing to make it work?
Back to top Go down
Ring/Apple

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 2:02 am

In my experience gms only leave people hangin without info when server is about to go *poof*

Might not be the case here, thats always been my experience tho Razz
Back to top Go down
GMThor

GMThor

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 2:20 am

Sorry guys its Xmas and i just cant be home to keep u guys informaed much Sad all i know is that his pc is still down and Menace was working like 12hours yesterday so i guess hes not had much time to try and fix things ill give him another message now to find out.

We ARE not closing the server. When a PC breaks or gets a virus etc its not going to be a quick job to fix Sad hope u guys realise this.

When its back up we will be putting ever Event ingame at the same time for as long as we think for some sort of compentation.

Its just purly bad timing its happened over the xmas period.

i could host but i have older back up files so would be pointless as everything gained would have to be reverted back to the recent ones Sad
Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 2:26 am

i understand hes not had much time to fix the laptop but we have already told him a number of ways to get it fixed. if he boots up in safe mode with networking and can get on msn i can do a remote assist to get rid of the problem.
Back to top Go down
GMThor

GMThor

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 2:27 am

ill text him that now m8. is he on your msn?
Back to top Go down
Ring/Apple

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 2:33 am

When i had that i logged on in safe mode and did a system restore, that fixed it for me !
Back to top Go down
sexmachine

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 2:41 am

But don't u think putting every event will unbalnce the server lol
Tbh I don't mind lol
Back to top Go down
Glastow

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 2:47 am

i dont mind but am agreeing with sex here thats abit to much!? just keep the xmass event in for an extra week?
Back to top Go down
sexmachine

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 2:51 am

Even I think keeping x mass event on for weeks seems OK people done like llvl 1 to 42+ I done 1.5. Lvls now I'm lvl 54 well was see how far server gone back
Back to top Go down
jaffar91

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:06 am

im with glastow tbh and ring i agree with you (my god! lol) system restore always worked for me wen i had viruses
Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 4:07 am

im on msn now waiting. i tried a system restore once and i still got the problem afterwards even thou i went back 5 days =/
Back to top Go down
Tsugaru

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 5:04 am

Have him download and run a virus kill program called rkill. Then you can scan with malwarebytes, then a local scanner like Avast or Avira.
Back to top Go down
EpicFail

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 6:58 am

stuff rkill, just strip msconfig
Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 6:58 am

agreed with epic...

litterly takes seconds to fix =/ its taken almost 3 days
Back to top Go down
EpicFail

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 7:02 am

exactly, that's why i'm technical support for Europe's largest electrical retailer Razz
Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 7:06 am

even while in safe mode with networking he should still be able to access the server atleast surely. i dont know how they have remote access set up but as of now thor needs to be able to get on aswell with out having to rely on menace all the time.
Back to top Go down
EpicFail

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 7:27 am

Yeah the Metropolitan Police / UKash scam is very basic, it cant even run under safe mode as it relies on registry settings. Mainly the following, however not all versions of the UKash change this entry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\"Shell" = "[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe"

So yeah booting into safe mode will give you access to all the files required

Could always boot up into safe mode with cmd prompt and put in C:\windows\system32\rstrui.exe

or select Repair Your Computer instead of safe mode, system restore and run it that way

________

Booting into SM + networking could of failed as some version of the UKash uses proxys, in this case SM with CMD or on its own will only work (or restore from outside windows)
Back to top Go down
Tsugaru

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 9:59 am

Didn't know how bad it was, we used the heck out of rkill for the scams that prevent you from opening msconfig to begin with.
Back to top Go down
GMThor

GMThor

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 8:04 pm

He got the pc working now he said but wants to get it protected before he puts it all back up so i assume that wont take to long.... or i hopw it wont ill try to get him to post on here if he can.
Back to top Go down
smudg

smudg

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 12:50 am

thx for the update thor
Back to top Go down
Kinnersley

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 5:01 am

Any word on an ETA?

>kinn
Back to top Go down
IceBlade

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 6:33 am

Just out of interest guys. As the server is down is the christmas event going to be extended as we have lost a couple of days? Cause i was trying to rush levels before the end of the event? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sabar

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 8:28 am

should be. just waiting on menace to get it back up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Servers down.....    Servers down.....  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Servers down.....
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Evolution-Mir 2.6 :: Evolution Mir :: General Discussion-
Jump to: